- Full time, Continuing
- Located at Melbourne (Bundoora) Campus
- HEO5 - TRP $81,761 - $91,566 per annum inclusive of 17% superannuation
About the position
Learning Librarians work as a part of the Library Learning Services team to develop and deliver a range of on-demand and in-subject services and programs, and digital library learning resources to support the development of information and digital literacy in students.
On-demand services include the Library’s chat, phone and face-to-face service points, co-curricular classes and events. In-subject services are delivered within the curriculum and include classes, guides and assessment that scaffold student learning across their studies. On-demand and in-subject services are supported by digital library learning resources such as videos and interactive modules developed by the team to deliver an engaging and pedagogically robust learning experience to students.
Learning Librarians are primarily responsible for the delivery of the Library’s on-demand services to Library clients, including students, staff, partners and community. In addition, Learning Librarians contribute to the Library’s in-subject services through close collaboration with colleagues in discipline clusters within and across the Library Learning Services team.
Skills and Experience
To be considered for this position, you will have;
- Degree in information management or a relevant discipline, or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and education/training/experience.
- Demonstrated experience in delivery of on-demand services, including online and face-to-face classes, weekend and out of hours work, and library systems such as Alma.
- Demonstrated understanding and knowledge of learning and teaching principles, and the role of the academic library in learning and teaching processes and workflows.
- Experience in developing and delivering programs to meet the learning needs of varying student cohorts in an academic library enviroment, including undergraduate, postgraduate, regional and international; and with specific focus on inclusion and diversity.
- Demonstrated understanding of, and experience with digital learning resources and pedagogy, including resource development, creative technologies, and online learning pedagogy.
- Demonstrated ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and monitor workflows within own area of responsibility; and to collaborate effectively within and across teams, and with external stakeholders, to ensure an optimum student experience and outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and as part of a team, to support others, and to participate in wider team projects and initiatives in the drive for continuous improvement.
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
About La Trobe
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.
Welcome to Bundoora campus – Please click on the video link below:
- 17% employer contributed superannuation
- On site child care facilities
- Flexible work arrangements
- Discounts for staff and their family members to study a range of La Trobe courses
How to apply
Closing date: By 11:55pm Sunday, 3rd July 2022
Position Enquiries: Anita Dewi (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Recruitment Enquiries: Recruitment@latrobe.edu.au
Position Description below:
PD - Learning Librarian.pdf
Only candidates with Full Working Rights in Australia may apply for this position.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements
The University’s Health and Safety Procedure – COVID-19 Vaccination and Other Measures, requires staff engaged to perform work onsite at La Trobe University to be Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are exempt from being vaccinated due to a recognised medical contraindication. This position will require the incumbent to work onsite. As such, an offer of employment will be conditional upon the applicant being Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19 or medically exempt from receiving a COVID-19 vaccination, and providing satisfactory evidence of their vaccination or exemption status to the University.
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up to date resume; and
- A separate document addressing each essential and desirable bullet point in the Key Selection Criteria which is located in the position description.
Please scroll down to apply.
Why La Trobe:
- Develop your career at an innovative, global university where you’ll collaborate with community and industry to create impact.
- Enjoy working on our inspiring and stunning campuses – the perfect hub for industry, students and academics
- Help transform the lives of students, partners and communities now and in future
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.