Summary: Manage a portfolio of high net worth prospects in order to generate philanthropic funds for La Trobe University.
- Full time, continuing
- Location independent Can be based at La Trobe University’s Melbourne (Bundoora) or Victorian regional campuses.
- [HEO9] Attractive remuneration plus 17% super and leave loading
- Hybrid & Flexible working arrangements offered
About the position
The Advancement Manager is responsible for developing and managing relationships with high-net-worth individuals in order to raise philanthropic funds to support research and scholarships. In order to deliver this philanthropic engagement, the role must work closely with the broader Alumni and Advancement Team, the Research Office and academics from across the university.
To be considered for this position, you will have;
- Managing a portfolio of high net worth prospects in order to generate philanthropic funds for La Trobe University. This includes: qualifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding individuals to donate to scholarships and research projects.
- Planning, developing, reviewing and amending cultivation strategies in order to find the best opportunities for individual prospects to donate.
- Identifying and developing opportunities for prospects to support philanthropically (proposals), including working with staff from across the University to develop, document and embed these opportunities.
- Provide strategic support and advice to researchers and program managers in order to develop proposals with strong potential for philanthropic support.
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
Welcome to Bundoora campus – Please click on the video link below:
- 17% employer contributed superannuation
- On site child care facilities
- flexible work arrangements
- discounts for staff and their family members to study a range of La Trobe courses
How to apply
Closing date: By 11:55pm Sunday the 11th of September 2022
Position Enquiries: Josie Haddrick email@example.com
Recruitment Enquiries: Recruitment@latrobe.edu.au
Position Description below:
PD - HEO9 - Advancement Manager (2).pdf
Only candidates with Full Working Rights in Australia may apply for this position.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements
The University’s Health and Safety Procedure – COVID-19 Vaccination and Other Measures, requires staff engaged to perform work onsite at La Trobe University to be Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are exempt from being vaccinated due to a recognised medical contraindication. This position will require the incumbent to work onsite. As such, an offer of employment will be conditional upon the applicant being Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19 or medically exempt from receiving a COVID-19 vaccination, and providing satisfactory evidence of their vaccination or exemption status to the University.
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up to date resume; and
- A separate document addressing each essential and desirable bullet point in the Key Selection Criteria which is located in the position description
Please scroll down to apply.
Why La Trobe:
- Develop your career at an innovative, global university where you’ll collaborate with community and industry to create impact.
- Enjoy working on our inspiring and stunning campuses – the perfect hub for industry, students and academics
- Help transform the lives of students, partners and communities now and in future
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.