Indigenous Student Advisor (Regional)
- Continuing position
- Can be based at La Trobe University’s Mildura or Albury-Wodonga campus
- TRP $105,603 - $116,170 per annum inclusive of 17% superannuation
About the position
The Indigenous Student Advisor provides developmental support to Indigenous students across our metropolitan campuses, in conjunction with the broader advising profession.
This position is open to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants only, as La Trobe University considers that being Aboriginal or a Torres Strait Islander is a genuine occupational requirement for the position under the 'special measures' of section 12 of the Equal Opportunity Act 2010 (Vic).
Skills and Experience
- Excellent cultural knowledge, experience and understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, historical and contemporary issues affecting participation in education. Demonstrated understanding of issues affecting Indigenous Australian’s access, participation, retention and success in the higher education sector.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, especially the capacity to work collaboratively and cooperatively in small teams.
- Demonstrated organisation and problem solving skills, with an ability to manage several different projects concurrently.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple stakeholders to achieve stated outcomes.
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
How to apply
Closing date: By 11:55pm Sunday 28th August 2022
HR/Recruitment Enquiries; Email: email@example.com
Position Description below:
PD - HEO7 - Indigenous Student Advisor (Regional)-NEW .pdf
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up to date resume;
Please scroll down to apply.
Why La Trobe:
- Develop your career at an innovative, global university where you’ll collaborate with community and industry to create impact.
- Enjoy working on our inspiring and stunning campuses – the perfect hub for industry, students and academics
- Help transform the lives of students, partners and communities now and in future