- Full time
- Fixed Term until 22 December 2023
- Position based at Melbourne, Bundoora Campus
- HEO9 – $117,369 - $124,342 + 17% superannuation
About the position
The role will be responsible for managing and delivering business change initiatives, projects and programs that are a critical part of University strategy and the transformation of La Trobe University. This significant project management role requires the capacity to work with both the big picture and the small details and will have experience with business transformation.
The successful appointee will report to the Associate Director, Service and Strategic Initiatives and is expected to possess exceptional management and organizational abilities with a proficiency in supporting business units through challenging times by supporting initiatives from conception to implementation.
Skills and Experience
To be considered for this position, you will have;
- A degree, extensive management expertise and supporting experience, or postgraduate qualifications and extensive relevant experience, or an equivalent alternate combination of relevant knowledge, training and/or experience.
- Demonstrated professional experience in project management/ development at the corporate level and eligible for membership of the Institute of Project Managers (Australia), Qualification in project management, such as PMI or Practitioner Level PRINCE2.
- Demonstrated team management and leadership skills with experience in managing and leading staff to promote a cohesive and effective team.
- Strong analytical skills including ability to identify performance expectations and anticipate outcomes based on operational considerations.
- Demonstrated ability to support a business change in a complex and sensitive environment is essential; and the ability to communicate and mediate across multi-functional or multi-discipline teams in order to achieve agreed objectives.
- Excellent writing, communication, presentation (public speaking), reporting and documentation skills. This includes experience developing Business Cases, Project Management Documentation (using Prince2 framework or other methodology), Status Reporting and Governance Reporting.
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
Welcome to Bundoora campus – Please click on the video link below:
- 17% employer contributed superannuation
- On site child care facilities
- Flexible work arrangements
- Discounts for staff and their family members to study a range of La Trobe courses
How to apply
Closing date: By 11:55pm,26/09/2022
Position Enquiries: Kunal Puri via email K.Puri@latrobe.edu.au
Recruitment Enquiries: Recruitment@latrobe.edu.au
PD-Project Manager Transformation Office.docx
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements
The University’s Health and Safety Procedure – COVID-19 Vaccination and Other Measures, requires staff engaged to perform work onsite at La Trobe University to be Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are exempt from being vaccinated due to a recognised medical contraindication. This position will require the incumbent to work onsite. As such, an offer of employment will be conditional upon the applicant being Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19 or medically exempt from receiving a COVID-19 vaccination, and providing satisfactory evidence of their vaccination or exemption status to the University.
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter, including a paragraph outlining your suitability for the position based on information outlined in the PD;
- An up to date resume;
Please scroll down to apply.
Why La Trobe:
- Develop your career at an innovative, global university where you’ll collaborate with community and industry to create impact.
- Enjoy working on our inspiring and stunning campuses – the perfect hub for industry, students and academics
- Help transform the lives of students, partners and communities now and in future
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.