- Full time
- 12 months fixed term
- Position can be located at any La Trobe University campus
- HEO6– $82,125-$88,607 plus 17% superannuation
About the position
The role is required to deliver personalized one on one consultations and webinars to prospective postgraduate students and represent the University at student recruitment events and expos. The position supports a key strategic portfolio area. The role plays a key role in the development of customer growth and stakeholder engagement strategies internally and externally across the University. This includes working closely with academic stakeholders from postgraduate courses to grow load and revenue targets
Skills and Experience
To be considered for this position, you will have;
- Degree with subsequent relevant experience to consolidate the theories and principles learned, or extensive experience, leading to either the development of specialist expertise or to the development of broad knowledge in an administrative field, or an equivalent alternate combination of relevant knowledge, training and/or experience.
- Experience and application.
- Demonstrated ability to gain a conceptual understanding of relevant policies, procedures or systems and interpretation in the application of policy and/or precedent.
- Ability to innovate and take responsibility for outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to set priorities and monitor workflows within own area of responsibility.
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to prioritise multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Well-developed verbal and written communications skills as well as strong stakeholder engagement and management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to liaise with senior academic staff, potential postgraduate students, and external stakeholders
- Evidence of an ability to self-manage and work as part of and contribute to a team.
- Demonstrated extensive knowledge of office practice and procedures, including advanced knowledge in the use of word-processing and other relevant office software to maximise efficiency.
- Work effectively across the business unit to support positive recruitment outcomes for domestic and international applicants.
- Demonstrated experience in organising student related activities. Experience in assisting event management, including planning, promotion, and implementation.
- Willingness to undertake frequent manual tasks including loading and unloading boxes of publications, banners, and other promotional materials
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
Welcome to Bundoora campus – Please click on the video link below:
Victorian Regional campuses – See link below;
- 17% employer contributed superannuation
- On site child care facilities
- Flexible work arrangements
- Discounts for staff and their family members to study a range of La Trobe courses
How to apply
Closing date: By 11:55pm, 29/09/2022
Position Enquiries: Kate Commane via email K.Commane@latrobe.edu.au
Recruitment Enquiries: Recruitment@latrobe.edu.au
Position Description below:
PD Marketing Officer, Student Recruitment (PG).docx
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements
The University’s Health and Safety Procedure – COVID-19 Vaccination and Other Measures, requires staff engaged to perform work onsite at La Trobe University to be Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are exempt from being vaccinated due to a recognised medical contraindication. This position will require the incumbent to work onsite. As such, an offer of employment will be conditional upon the applicant being Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19 or medically exempt from receiving a COVID-19 vaccination, and providing satisfactory evidence of their vaccination or exemption status to the University.
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up to date resume; and
- A separate document addressing each essential and desirable bullet point in the Key Selection Criteria which is located in the position description.
Please scroll down to apply.
Why La Trobe:
- Develop your career at an innovative, global university where you’ll collaborate with community and industry to create impact.
- Enjoy working on our inspiring and stunning campuses – the perfect hub for industry, students and academics
- Help transform the lives of students, partners and communities now and in future
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.