Senior Coordinator, Student Events & Engagement
- Full time, Continuing
- Position located at Bundoora Campus, Melbourne
- HEO7– $90,259-$99,291 plus 17% superannuation
About the position
The primary purpose of this position is to co-ordinate and manage the integrated, end to end development and delivery of La Trobe’s graduation experience. Provides specialist advice to other University departments and partners on event management, appropriate internal policies relating to events and branding of events conducted for the University. Contributes to the University and Division’s strategic goals and objectives through strategic planning and implementation of student events.
Skills and Experience
To be considered for this position, you will have;
- Demonstrated experience in major event and project management in the tertiary sector or a related field.
- An undergraduate degree in any area relevant to the position with at least 4 years subsequent experience; or extensive experience and management expertise; or an equivalent alternate combination of relevant knowledge, training and/or experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, especially the capacity to work collaboratively and cooperatively in small teams.
- Demonstrated management and leadership skills with successful experience in managing and leading staff to promote a cohesive and effective team and managing workflows.
- Demonstrated organisation and problem-solving skills, with an ability to manage several different projects concurrently.
- Demonstrated high level of self-motivation and personal management skills.
- Ability to apply theoretical knowledge or management or policy expertise to bring together diverse and sometimes conflicting information to solve problems.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple stakeholders to achieve stated outcomes.
- Proven experience and success in managing staff performance and development.
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
Welcome to Bundoora campus – Please click on the video link below:
- 17% employer contributed superannuation
- On site child care facilities
- Flexible work arrangements
- Discounts for staff and their family members to study a range of La Trobe courses
How to apply
Closing date: By 11:55pm, 5/10/2022
Position Enquiries Danielle Mengel via email email@example.com
Recruitment Enquiries: Recruitment@latrobe.edu.au
Position Description below:
PD - Sen Coordinator Student Events & Eng.docx
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements
The University’s Health and Safety Procedure – COVID-19 Vaccination and Other Measures, requires staff engaged to perform work onsite at La Trobe University to be Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are exempt from being vaccinated due to a recognised medical contraindication. This position will require the incumbent to work onsite. As such, an offer of employment will be conditional upon the applicant being Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19 or medically exempt from receiving a COVID-19 vaccination, and providing satisfactory evidence of their vaccination or exemption status to the University.
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up to date resume; and
- A separate document addressing each essential and desirable bullet point in the Key Selection Criteria which is located in the position description.
Please scroll down to apply.
Why La Trobe:
- Develop your career at an innovative, global university where you’ll collaborate with community and industry to create impact.
- Enjoy working on our inspiring and stunning campuses – the perfect hub for industry, students and academics
- Help transform the lives of students, partners and communities now and in future
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.