Manager, Digital Research
Work type:Fixed Term
- Full time
- Fixed Term – 3 years
- Campus - Melbourne (Bundoora)
- HEO9 – Total Renumeration Package $137,322 - $145,480 per annum inclusive of 17% superannuation
About the position
- Responsibility for delivering on the strategies and actions associated with Digital Research / eResearch under the Research Infrastructure Plan.
- Working with stakeholders to identify, develop and implement Digital Research capabilities including infrastructure, expertise and service requirements which proactively enhance La Trobe’s research capabilities.
- Building the Digital Research expertise and literacy of researchers and graduate researchers across all disciplines to develop their skills and expand their use of technologies in research.
- Implementing research data management workflows into all facilities for the collection and storage of instrument data and associated metadata and linked to computational and informatics tools and resources.
Skills and Experience
To be considered for this position, you will have;
- A degree, extensive management expertise and supporting experience, or postgraduate qualifications and extensive relevant experience, or an equivalent alternate combination of relevant knowledge, training and/or experience, especially related to eResearch or the use of digital tools in research.
- Demonstrated expert knowledge of ICT infrastructure, high performance computing, ICT systems, programming languages, and database systems that underpin contemporary research activities across a broad spectrum of research, including in the Linux operating system.
- Familiarity of new and emerging research technologies and methodologies, including containerisation, and a demonstrated ability to understand how researchers can use technology to accelerate their research programs.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the demonstrated ability to motivate, influence and collaboratively engage and work with diverse groups to discuss solution requirements, including researchers, staff at senior levels, students, and other organisations.
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
Welcome to Bundoora campus – Please click on the video link below:
- 17% employer contributed superannuation
- On site child care facilities
- Flexible work arrangements
- Discounts for staff and their family members to study a range of La Trobe courses
How to apply
Closing date: By 11:55pm, Sunday 12th February, 2023
Position Enquiries: Christopher Adda E: C.Adda@latrobe.edu.au
Recruitment Enquiries: Lisa.White@latrobe.edu.au
Position Description below:
PD- HEO9 -Manager Digital Research.docx
Only candidates with Full Working Rights in Australia may apply for this position.
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- A cover letter;
- An up-to-date resume; and
- A separate document addressing each of the “Skills and knowledge required for the position”, which is located in the position description.
Please scroll down to apply.
Why La Trobe:
- Develop your career at an innovative, global university where you’ll collaborate with community and industry to create impact.
- Enjoy working on our inspiring and stunning campuses – the perfect hub for industry, students and academics
- Help transform the lives of students, partners and communities now and in future
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.