Lecturer, Nursing Maternal and Child Health (Teaching Focused)
- Part time 0.5 FTE
- Located at Bundoora Campus
- Level B - TRP $117,562 - $138,831 pro rata per annum inclusive of 17% superannuation
About the position
Duties will include but are not limited to;
- Coordinate and teach subjects providing a high-quality learning experience that engages students through the conduct of lectures, tutorials, practical classes, demonstrations, workshops, student field excursions, clinical sessions and/or other sessions in online, blended or face-to-face modes.
- Provide constructive, fair and timely feedback on learning to students.
- Demonstrate effectiveness by taking an evidence-based approach to evaluate learning and teaching initiatives.
- Demonstrate a scholarly approach to learning and teaching by contributing to La Trobe’s SOLT including sharing of good practice.
Skills and Experience
To be considered for this position, you will have
- Registered or eligible to register as a Registered Midwife with the Australian Health Practitioners Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
- Postgraduate qualifications in Child, Family and Community Nursing
- A PhD in nursing or related discipline, and/or a Masters.
- Experience in tertiary nursing education, including demonstrated effectiveness in teaching, curriculum development and subject coordination in face-to-face, blended and/or online modes, as evidenced by sustained high results on student feedback on teaching surveys, teaching excellence awards or through other forms of evidence.
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
Welcome to Bundoora campus – Please click on the video link below:
- 17% employer contributed superannuation
- On site child care facilities
- Flexible work arrangements
- Discounts for staff and their family members to study a range of La Trobe courses
How to apply
Closing date: By 11:55pm Tuesday 29th November 2022
Position Enquiries: Karen Lawrence E: K.Lawrence@latrobe.edu.au
Recruitment Enquiries: Lisa.White@latrobe.edu.au
Position Description below:
PD - Level B Lecturer Nursing -Teaching Focussed.docx
Only candidates with Full Working Rights in Australia may apply for this position.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements
The University’s Health and Safety Procedure – COVID-19 Vaccination and Other Measures, requires staff engaged to perform work onsite at La Trobe University to be Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are exempt from being vaccinated due to a recognised medical contraindication. This position will require the incumbent to work onsite. As such, an offer of employment will be conditional upon the applicant being Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19 or medically exempt from receiving a COVID-19 vaccination, and providing satisfactory evidence of their vaccination or exemption status to the University.
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up to date resume; and
- A separate document addressing each essential and desirable bullet point in the Key Selection Criteria which is located in the position description.
Please scroll down to apply.
Why La Trobe:
- Develop your career at an innovative, global university where you’ll collaborate with community and industry to create impact.
- Enjoy working on our inspiring and stunning campuses – the perfect hub for industry, students and academics
- Help transform the lives of students, partners and communities now and in future
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.