- Full time
- Located at Bundoora Campus
- Level B - TRP $117,562 - $138,831 per annum inclusive of 17% superannuation
About the position
As part of La Trobe University’s ongoing commitment to solving real world problems at the regional, national and international level, the University is home to the La Trobe Institute for Sustainable Agriculture and Food (LISAF), which has strong associations with the department and school. LISAF’s goal is to find solutions that enable sustainable agriculture to provide food of the quality and quantity to meet future global food challenges. The successful candidate will align with one of the five Domain areas, Farming Systems – Soils and Agronomy.
Skills and Experience
To be considered for this position, you will have;
- PhD or equivalent accreditation in Farming Systems-Soils and/or Agronomy.
- Demonstrated competence in teaching and curriculum development.
- Evidence of high quality and/or high impact research conducted and published or otherwise. in one or more of the following fields:
- weed control;
- crop nutrition;
- conservation tillage;
- cropping systems;
- Demonstrated ability to supervise, or co-supervise, honours and postgraduate students.
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
Welcome to Bundoora campus – Please click on the video link below:
- 17% employer contributed superannuation
- On site child care facilities
- Flexible work arrangements
- Discounts for staff and their family members to study a range of La Trobe courses
How to apply
Closing date: By 11:55pm Thursday 1st December 2022
Position Enquiries: Travis Beddoe E: T.Beddoe@latrobe.edu.au
Recruitment Enquiries: Lisa.White@latrobe.edu.au
Position Description below:
PD - Level B - Lecturer Agronomy T&R.docx
Department Information Booklet below:
APSS booklet for Level B-Agronomy.pdf
Only candidates with Full Working Rights in Australia may apply for this position
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements
The University’s Health and Safety Procedure – COVID-19 Vaccination and Other Measures, requires staff engaged to perform work onsite at La Trobe University to be Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are exempt from being vaccinated due to a recognised medical contraindication. This position will require the incumbent to work onsite. As such, an offer of employment will be conditional upon the applicant being Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19 or medically exempt from receiving a COVID-19 vaccination, and providing satisfactory evidence of their vaccination or exemption status to the University.
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up to date resume; and
- A separate document addressing each essential and desirable bullet point in the Key Selection Criteria which is located in the position description.
Please scroll down to apply.
Why La Trobe:
- Develop your career at an innovative, global university where you’ll collaborate with community and industry to create impact.
- Enjoy working on our inspiring and stunning campuses – the perfect hub for industry, students and academics
- Help transform the lives of students, partners and communities now and in future
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.