- Full-Time, Continuing
- Located at Bendigo Campus
- Level B - TRP $117,562 - $138,831 per annum inclusive of 17% superannuation
About the position
This position is located at the Bendigo Campus in the Department of Computer Science and Information Technology (CSIT), part of the School of Computing, Engineering and Mathematical Sciences in Melbourne (Bundoora) campus.
The school has a reputation for innovative course design, the maintenance of a supportive student-centred learning environment and an outstanding research profile. The school offers a range of general and specialist undergraduate and postgraduate courses that are rigorous, attuned to emerging trends and taught by staff at the forefront of their fields.
The Department at Bendigo is building research capacity and is looking for a candidate with an emerging track record in one or more of the following areas: digital health, data science, artificial intelligence, machine learning, internet of things. The position will support new and emerging areas of multidisciplinary applied research, particularly in the areas of digital health / health and wellbeing technologies.
Skills and Experience
To be considered for this position, you will have;
- PhD or equivalent accreditation and standing recognised by the University/profession as appropriate for the relevant discipline areas.
- Demonstrated competence in teaching and curriculum development.
- Evidence of high quality and/or high impact research conducted and published or otherwise disseminated, relative to opportunity.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise, or co-supervise, honours and postgraduate students.
- Sound analytical skills with an ability to communicate complex information clearly both verbally and in writing.
- High level organisational skills with the ability to set priorities, meet deadlines, initiate and follow-up actions, all with minimal or no supervision.
- High level verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to interact effectively with people from a diverse range of backgrounds.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and productively with staff and students from a diverse range of backgrounds.
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
Welcome Video - Victorian Regional campuses – See link below;
- 17% employer contributed superannuation
- On site child care facilities
- Flexible work arrangements
- Discounts for staff and their family members to study a range of La Trobe courses
How to apply
Closing date: By 11:55pm Sunday, 11th December 2022
Position Enquiries: Simon Egerton, S.Egerton@latrobe.edu.au
Recruitment Enquiries: Recruitment@latrobe.edu.au
Position Description below:
PD - Lecturer, Computer Science and IT.pdf
Only candidates with Full Working Rights in Australia may apply for this position.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements
The University’s Health and Safety Procedure – COVID-19 Vaccination and Other Measures, requires staff engaged to perform work onsite at La Trobe University to be Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are exempt from being vaccinated due to a recognised medical contraindication. This position will require the incumbent to work onsite. As such, an offer of employment will be conditional upon the applicant being Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19 or medically exempt from receiving a COVID-19 vaccination, and providing satisfactory evidence of their vaccination or exemption status to the University.
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up to date resume (please include your SCOPUS and or ORCID ID);
- A separate document addressing each essential and desirable bullet point in the Key Selection Criteria which is located in the position description.
Please scroll down to apply.
Why La Trobe:
- Develop your career at an innovative, global university where you’ll collaborate with community and industry to create impact.
- Enjoy working on our inspiring and stunning campuses – the perfect hub for industry, students and academics
- Help transform the lives of students, partners and communities now and in future
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.