- Full-Time, Continuing
- Located at Bendigo Campus
- Level C - TRP $143,087 - $164,359 per annum inclusive of 17% superannuation
About the position
The Department of Computer Science and Information Technology undertakes a wide range of teaching and research programs in the area of data sciences, computational intelligence, software engineering, cybersecurity, mobile and wireless networks, internet of things and offers a range of undergraduate and postgraduate courses that are rigorous and attuned to meeting the needs of students in ensuring their readiness to work in changing environments. The Department is committed to the development and exploration of new and innovative teaching and research programs which drives opportunities for multidisciplinary collaboration across the School/College and the University.
A Level C teaching and research academic is expected to contribute to the discipline at the national and international level. They will develop curriculum, teach, and undertake impactful research relevant to the development of their discipline or professional field.
The Department at Bendigo is building research capacity and is looking for a strong candidate with an established track record in one or more of the following areas: digital health, data science, artificial intelligence, machine learning, internet of things. The position will support new and emerging areas of multidisciplinary applied research, particularly in the areas of digital health / health and wellbeing technologies.
Skills and Experience
To be considered for this position, you will have
- Completion of a PhD or equivalent accreditation and standing recognised by the University/profession as appropriate for the relevant discipline area.
- Research areas in one or more of applied digital health, data science, artificial intelligence, machine learning, internet of things.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in curriculum development and teaching with a commitment to excellence in teaching.
- Demonstrated capacity to provide leadership at course/program/research group or similar level.
- Proven ability to mentor and supervise undergraduate, honour and postgraduate students.
- Record of successful research student supervision relative to opportunity.
- Strong record of research publication, with appropriate evidence of quality and impact.
- Demonstrated record of achievement as a leading practitioner with a reputation for skills, knowledge and expertise at a state/national level.
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
Welcome Video - Victorian Regional campuses – See link below;
- 17% employer contributed superannuation
- On site child care facilities
- Flexible work arrangements
- Discounts for staff and their family members to study a range of La Trobe courses
How to apply
Closing date: By 11:55pm Sunday, 11th December 2022
Position Enquiries: Simon Egerton, S.Egerton@latrobe.edu.au
Recruitment Enquiries: Recruitment@latrobe.edu.au
Position Description below:
PD - Senior Lecturer, Computer Science and IT.pdf
Only candidates with Full Working Rights in Australia may apply for this position.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements
The University’s Health and Safety Procedure – COVID-19 Vaccination and Other Measures, requires staff engaged to perform work onsite at La Trobe University to be Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are exempt from being vaccinated due to a recognised medical contraindication. This position will require the incumbent to work onsite. As such, an offer of employment will be conditional upon the applicant being Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19 or medically exempt from receiving a COVID-19 vaccination, and providing satisfactory evidence of their vaccination or exemption status to the University.
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up to date resume (please include your SCOPUS and or ORCID ID); and
- A separate document addressing each essential and desirable bullet point in the Key Selection Criteria which is located in the position description.
Please scroll down to apply.
Why La Trobe:
- Develop your career at an innovative, global university where you’ll collaborate with community and industry to create impact.
- Enjoy working on our inspiring and stunning campuses – the perfect hub for industry, students and academics
- Help transform the lives of students, partners and communities now and in future
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.