Lecturer, Nursing (Teaching & Research)
- Full time
- Located at Bundoora Campus
- Level B - TRP $117,562 - $138,831 per annum inclusive of 17% superannuation
About the position
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Develop, coordinate and teach a high-quality learning experience that engages students through the conduct of tutorials, practical classes, demonstrations, workshops, student field excursions, and clinical sessions.
- Demonstrate a scholarly approach to learning and teaching and contribute to disciplinary teaching pedagogy and research.
- Keep abreast of innovations in teaching and learning in areas such as, but not restricted to, online and blended delivery and incorporate where appropriate, to continually develop professional practice skills/knowledge and expertise.
- Conduct and publish, or otherwise disseminate high quality and/or high impact research as a member of a team or independently and produce conference/seminar papers and international peer-reviewed publications from that research as per the academic level benchmarks for the position.
Skills and Experience
To be considered for this position, you will have;
- Registered or eligible to register as a Registered Nurse with the Australian Health Practitioners Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
- A PhD or equivalent accreditation and standing recognised by the University/profession as appropriate for the Nursing/Midwifery disciplines.
- Demonstrated competence in teaching and curriculum development.
- Evidence of high quality and/or high impact research funded, conducted and published or otherwise disseminated, relative to opportunity.
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
Welcome to Bundoora campus – Please click on the video link below:
- 17% employer contributed superannuation
- On site child care facilities
- Flexible work arrangements
- Discounts for staff and their family members to study a range of La Trobe courses
How to apply
Closing date: By 11:55pm Thursday 1st December 2022
Position Enquiries: Lauren Zarb E: L.Zarb@latrobe.edu.au
Recruitment Enquiries: Lisa.White@latrobe.edu.au
Position Description below:
PD - Lecturer Nursing T&R.docx
Only candidates with Full Working Rights in Australia may apply for this position.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements
The University’s Health and Safety Procedure – COVID-19 Vaccination and Other Measures, requires staff engaged to perform work onsite at La Trobe University to be Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are exempt from being vaccinated due to a recognised medical contraindication. This position will require the incumbent to work onsite. As such, an offer of employment will be conditional upon the applicant being Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19 or medically exempt from receiving a COVID-19 vaccination and providing satisfactory evidence of their vaccination or exemption status to the University.
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up to date resume; and
- A separate document addressing each essential and desirable bullet point in the Key Selection Criteria which is located in the position description.
Please scroll down to apply.
Why La Trobe:
- Develop your career at an innovative, global university where you’ll collaborate with community and industry to create impact.
- Enjoy working on our inspiring and stunning campuses – the perfect hub for industry, students and academics
- Help transform the lives of students, partners and communities now and in future
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.