- Fixed-Term: 3 years
- Located at Melbourne (Bundoora) Campus
- Level C $122,297 - $140,478 per annum + 17% superannuation; or
- Level D $146,540 - $161,087 per annum + 17% superannuation.
About the position
The position holder will lead and support academic staff and develop research to positively impact learning for Indigenous students and the delivery of allied health care to Indigenous people. They will provide leadership in identifying professional development that is able to support academic staff to design and deliver curriculum that is culturally appropriate and aligned with the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Curriculum Framework.
Skills and Experience
To be considered for this position, you will have;
- Demonstrated effectiveness and leadership in curriculum development and teaching with a proven commitment to excellence in teaching.
- Distinguished record of achievement as a leading practitioner with a reputation for skills, knowledge and expertise at a national/international level.
- Strong record of publication, including papers in leading national or international journals and/or invited presentation at national or international conferences.
- Proven ability to build sustainable relationships with a range of industry partners, Indigenous communities and community organisations, and evidence of the ability to promote research links with outside organisations/agencies.
- Experience working with Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people and their communities, along with an established knowledge and understanding of the issues that impact Indigenous people in contemporary Australia.
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
Only Indigenous Australians are eligible to apply as this position is exempt under the Special Measure Provision, Section 12(1) of the Equal Opportunity Act 2011 (Vic).
About La Trobe
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria.
Welcome to Bundoora campus – Please click on the video link below:
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to apply
Closing date: By 11:55pm, 19th February 2023
Position Enquiries: Matthew Oates via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Recruitment Enquiries: email@example.com
Position Description below:
PD - Senior Lecturer & Indigenous Curriculum Developer.pdf
PD - Associate Professor & Indigenous Curriculum Developer.pdf
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements
The University’s Health and Safety Procedure – COVID-19 Vaccination and Other Measures, requires staff engaged to perform work onsite at La Trobe University to be Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are exempt from being vaccinated due to a recognised medical contraindication. This position will require the incumbent to work onsite. As such, an offer of employment will be conditional upon the applicant being Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19 or medically exempt from receiving a COVID-19 vaccination, and providing satisfactory evidence of their vaccination or exemption status to the University.
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up to date resume; and
- A separate document addressing each essential and desirable bullet point in the Key Selection Criteria which is located in the position description.
This is an identified Indigenous position and in accordance with La Trobe University policies and procedures confirmation of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander heritage will be required as part of the application.
Please scroll down to apply.
Why La Trobe:
- Develop your career at an innovative, global university where you’ll collaborate with community and industry to create impact.
- Enjoy working on our inspiring and stunning campuses – the perfect hub for industry, students and academics
- Help transform the lives of students, partners and communities now and in future
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.