- Full time
- 12 month Fixed Term position
- Based at La Trobe University’s Melbourne (Bundoora)
- $146,540 + 17% Superannuation
- School Leadership position
The School of Nursing and Midwifery undertakes a wide range of teaching and research programs in Nursing, Midwifery, Maternal, Family and Child Health, Ageing and Aged Care, Health Service Design, Health and Wellbeing, Time Critical Nursing, Mental Health and Workforce. These interconnected programs combine to form Centres of Excellence based within our clinical networks and Research Centres.
About the position
This is a Teaching Focused position which in this context means a focus on leadership as part of the executive team of the school. This academic appointment at Level D will make a significant leadership contribution to the discipline at the national and international level. They are expected to provide a significant degree of leadership activities relevant to the discipline and profession locally, nationally and internationally.
Skills and Experience
To be considered for this position, you will have
- Demonstrated capacity to lead and manage academic staff in the development and delivery of curriculum and teaching enhancements, informed by national and international innovation.
- Demonstrated capacity to deliver positive outcomes and foster excellence in teaching and curriculum development across courses, subjects and staff groups.
- Demonstrated experience and expertise in Scholarship of Learning and Teaching related academic governance, including course management and quality assurance.
- Demonstrated strong communication and collaboration skills, including the ability to effectively negotiate, influence and support professional development with staff from a diverse range of backgrounds.
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
How to apply
Closing date: By 11:55pm Sunday 19th February 2023
Position Enquiries: David Edvardsson via email D.Edvardsson@latrobe.edu.au
Recruitment Enquiries: Recruitment@latrobe.edu.au
Position Description below:
PD Level-D Teaching-Focussed.pdf
Only candidates with Full Working Rights in Australia may apply for this position.
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up to date resume; and
- A separate document addressing each Skills and Knowledge bullet point in the Essential Criteria which is located in the position description.
Please scroll down to apply.
Why La Trobe:
- Develop your career at an innovative, global university where you’ll collaborate with community and industry to create impact.
- Enjoy working on our inspiring and stunning campuses – the perfect hub for industry, students and academics
- Help transform the lives of students, partners and communities now and in future
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement