About the position
This position presents an exciting opportunity to be part of a School that has an outstanding reputation for teaching and research excellence, for research translation and for building strong relationships with industry.
Fostering excellence in teaching and learning and assuring the quality of the academic programs within the School are key requirements of this role. The successful candidate will contribute to curriculum development in the field of Tourism or Event Management and will coordinate subjects at both the undergraduate and postgraduate levels. The successful candidate will also undertake impactful research, publish in ABDC A* and A and top 20% Q1 journals, generate external research income and facilitate links between the School and industry. Applicants with industry experience and engagement will be considered highly.
Skills and Experience
The successful candidate will have an excellent record in curriculum development and teaching at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels in the field of management and will have an established program of research featuring publications in high quality journals (ABDC A*and A/top 20% Q1 journals) on themes related to tourism or event management. Candidates with expertise in the areas of tourism analytics will be highly regarded. The successful candidate will possess excellent academic administration skills and understand the needs of a diverse range of students. Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work collegially are key requirements of this role.
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
About the La Trobe Business School
La Trobe Business School is a leading Australian Business School committed to enhancing business learning through education and research, which is innovative, responsible, and engaged.
- AACSB Accredited, MBA ranked in top 100 globally and accredited by the European Foundation for Management Development (EFMD).
- Ranked 4th in the world and 3rd in Australia for overall contribution to the UN Sustainable Development Goals by Times Higher Education Impact Rankings 2021.
- Ranked in top 400 universities globally by QS World University Rankings 2022 and the ARWU 2021.
- Our graduates are highly regarded by industry - ranked second in Victoria for employer satisfaction with our graduates (QILT Employer Satisfaction Survey 2021).
- We deliver business and management programs accredited by professional quality assurance agencies including the Australian Computer Society, the Australian Human Resources Institute, the Australian Marketing Institute, the CPA and the Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand.
- We provide flexible, future-focused courses and innovative learning spaces built for collaboration in learning and teaching.
How to apply
Closing date: 11:55pm, 19th February 2023
Professor Aron O’Cass, Dean, La Trobe Business School
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Phone 03 9479 6285
Dr Nicola McNeil, Head - Department of Management and Marketing
Email: email@example.com, Phone 03 9479 1471
Recruitment Enquiries: Recruitment@latrobe.edu.au
PD-Lecturer Tourism or Event Management.pdf
PD-Senior Lecturer Tourism or Event Management.pdf
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up-to-date resume; (10 page maximum and when listing journal publications please identify their ranking in the Australian Business Deans Council ranking or for non ABDC ranked journals identify if they are in the top 10% of QI journals);
- A separate document addressing each essential criteria bullet point under the skills and knowledge required for the position which is located in the position description. Please adhere to 300-word limit per response for Senior Lecturer applications and 400-word limit per response for Associate Professor applications.
- Please include copies of five most recent teaching evaluations for subjects you coordinate/teach
- Please do not submit copies of journal articles, degree certificates or testamurs.
Please scroll down to apply.
Why La Trobe:
- Develop your career at an innovative, global university where you’ll collaborate with community and industry to create impact.
- Enjoy working on our inspiring and stunning campuses – the perfect hub for industry, students and academics
- Help transform the lives of students, partners and communities now and in future
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
About La Trobe
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.