- Full time
- 3 years Fixed Term
- Level C or Level D appointment based on experience
- Based at La Trobe University Bundoora campus
- Great time to join La Trobe due to growth and new programs
The La Trobe Institute for Sustainable Agriculture and Food (LISAF) is a key strategic initiative that supports La Trobe University’s (La Trobe) world‐class research and research training in agriculture, agri-food and medicinal agriculture.
About the position
The position of Principal Research Fellow will lead the tissue imaging mass spectrometry capability of the Agriculture Cellular Resolution ‘OMICS’ Facility. We are seeking an experienced imaging mass spectrometrist to operate a new state-of-the-art Bruker timsTOF flex MALDI-2 LC-MS cellular imaging system, manage the facility, establish collaborations, and seek and/or participate in research grant applications.
Skills and Experience
To be considered for this position, you will have;
- Completion of a PhD in mass spectrometry or equivalent accreditation and standing together with subsequent research experience using cutting-edge imaging technology (i.e. MALDI-MS Platforms)
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge in molecular characterisation and component profiling using mass spectrometry, and the application of high-throughput metabolomic, proteomic and/or glycomic approaches;
- Sound analytical skills with an ability to communicate complex information clearly both orally and in writing with an emphasis on the ability to evaluate, analyse and communicate information clearly.
- Excellent record of nationally and/or internationally recognised independent research, with evidence of its impact and significance.
- Strong record of publications, including papers in top-tier and high-impact journals, conference papers, reports and/or professional and/or technical contributions in the relevant discipline area.
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
How to apply
Closing date: By 11:55pm Sunday 4th June 2023
Position Enquiries: Tony Bacic via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Recruitment Enquiries: Recruitment@latrobe.edu.au
Position Description below:
PD Principal Research Fellow.pdf
PD Senior Research Fellow.pdf
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter, outlining which position you are applying for;
- An up to date resume;
- A document addressing the skills and knowledge required for the position, located in the Position Description
Please scroll down to apply.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Applicants
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
La Trobe University is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce. We take an intersectional approach by actively supporting and encouraging people of all backgrounds and abilities to submit an application and aim to ensure that the recruitment and employee experience is as accessible and inclusive as possible. Flexibility in interview format will be offered to shortlisted candidates.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.