About the position
The Head of Department is responsible and accountable to the Dean for leadership in the Department, for implementing University and School strategies and plans within the Department and for ensuring that the Department achieves relevant targets and performance indicators. They will have a particular focus on leading, supporting and managing the Department’s academic staff, programs, and resources. They will pursue excellence, impact and continued improvement in all aspects of the academic work of the Department, including delivery of teaching programs, research and industry engagement.
The appointee will be recognised internationally as a contributor to the development of their discipline or profession. They will demonstrate leadership in curriculum development, coordination and delivery of courses at both undergraduate and postgraduate level. They will be expected to foster excellence in teaching and learning and play a key role in assuring the quality of academic programs and facilitating student success within the Department. They will undertake high impact research and publish in ABDC A* ranked journals, lead the department’s research, funding and industry engagement activities and contribute to the leadership of the Department and School.
Skills and Experience
The successful candidate will have an excellent record in curriculum development and teaching at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels in the field of Marketing and Management and will have an established program of research featuring publications in high quality journals (ABDC A*/top 10% Q1 journals) on themes related to any discipline represented within the department of management and marketing. The successful candidate will possess excellent academic administration skills and understand the needs of a diverse range of staff and students. Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work collegially are key requirements of this role.
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
About La Trobe
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.
About the La Trobe Business School
La Trobe Business School is a leading Australian Business School committed to enhancing business learning through education and research, which is future focused, applied innovative, and responsible.
- AACSB Accredited, MBA ranked in top 100 globally and accredited by the European Foundation for Management Development (EFMD).
- Ranked 4th in the world and 3rd in Australia for overall contribution to the UN Sustainable Development Goals by Times Higher Education Impact Rankings 2021.
- Our graduates are highly regarded by industry - ranked second in Victoria for employer satisfaction with our graduates (QILT Employer Satisfaction Survey 2021).
- We deliver business and management programs accredited by professional quality assurance agencies including the Australian Computer Society, the Australian Human Resources Institute, the Australian Marketing Institute, the CPA and the Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand.
- We provide flexible, future-focused courses and innovative learning spaces built for collaboration in learning and teaching.
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to apply
Closing date: By 11:55pm, Sunday 15th October 2023
Professor Aron O’Cass, Dean, La Trobe Business School
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Phone 03 9479 6285
Recruitment Enquiries: Recruitment@latrobe.edu.au.au
PD - Head of Department MM.pdf
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents and follow the instructions:
- Cover letter;
- An up-to-date resume; (10 page maximum, when listing journal publications please identify their ranking in the Australian Business Deans Council ranking or for non ABDC ranked journals identify those listed in the top 10% of QI journals);
- A separate document addressing each essential criteria bullet point under the skills and knowledge required for the position which is located in the position description. Please adhere to 400-word limit per response for Associate Professor applications.
- Please include copies of up to five (no more) most recent teaching evaluations for subjects you coordinate/teach .
- Please do not submit copies of journal articles, degree certificates or testamurs.
Please scroll down to apply.