- Full time, continuing
- Shepparton based
- $98,510 - $116,332 plus 17% superannuation
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.
About the role
The School of Education has entered into a period of renewal and has adopted an ambitious strategic plan that is intended to reinvigorate the school’s research and coursework portfolio and connectivity with stakeholder groups and industry.
Our mission is to be an agile and vibrant School of Education that leads contemporary education debates and delivers leading research and evidence-based teaching responsive to professional educators. We are known for being current and flexible in a dynamic environment.
Teaching focused positions are critical to enhancing the student experience and the quality of learning and teaching at La Trobe. For staff, teaching focused appointments provide the flexibility to focus on learning and teaching for a defined period or to prioritise learning and teaching and the Scholarship of Learning and Teaching (SOLT) over the more traditional teaching and discipline research track as a career path. Teaching focused academics may contribute to teaching excellence and the student experience through a variety of teaching-related roles, including College or School leadership in learning and teaching; course leadership and curriculum development roles; and the management, development and mentoring of a teaching team.
The position holder will have a strong understanding of early childhood/primary curriculum and work in teaching teams to develop and design effective learning opportunities for students at a tertiary level in Initial Teacher Education programs. You will have a strong understanding and experience of the learning sciences that inform impactful learning in teacher education, with strong understanding and application of skills in digital learning.
The position holder will be required to undertake travel to other La Trobe University campuses.
Skills & Experience
To be considered for this position, you will possess:
- Demonstrated experience in Early Learning Childhood Education and/or Primary Education and an understanding of current research and trends that informs teaching and learning and research in these fields.
- Demonstrated experience in developing innovative curriculum in Early Childhood Education and/or Primary Education in Initial Teacher Education programs.
- Demonstrated experience in early childhood settings and an understanding of current research and trends that inform early childhood practices.
- Demonstrated experience in developing innovative early childhood curriculum to reflect the needs of children and their families in diverse communities.
- PhD degree or equivalent accreditation and standing recognised by the University/profession as appropriate for the relevant discipline areas.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in teaching, in face-to-face, blended and/or online modes, as evidenced by sustained high results on student feedback on teaching surveys, teaching excellence awards or through other forms of evidence.
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to Apply
Closing date: Tuesday 19th October 2021 by 11:55pm AEST
Position Enquiries: Professor Joanna Barbousas, TEL: 03 9479 2190 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
HR/Recruitment Enquiries: Recruitment Team at: Recruitment@Latrobe.edu.au
Position Description below:
PD - Level B - Pedagogy Curriculum Education TF FINAL.pdf
PD - Level B - Pedagogy Curriculum Education TR FINAL.pdf
Only candidates with full working rights in Australia may apply for this position. Previous candidates need not apply.
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up to date resume; and
- A separate document addressing each essential and desirable bullet point in the Key Selection Criteria which is located in the position description.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe Cultural Qualities:
We are Accountable, We are Connected, We are Innovative, We Care
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing a diverse, inclusive and respectful working environment for all staff. We offer flexible work arrangements that can assist you in balancing your work and other responsibilities.
La Trobe is proud to be a member of the Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) Athena SWAN program to advance gender equality in academia.
To apply and to view position description please visit http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs and search for position no. 561457 under current vacancies.