- Full-time, Fixed-term (1 year)
- Located at Melbourne (Bundoora) Campus
- Level A - $69,983 - $93,750 per annum + 17% superannuation
About the position
A 1-year research position (level A) is available in the Hogan research group, La Trobe Institute for Molecular Science, Department of Chemistry; working on bipolar electrochemistry and the development of sensors and biosensors based on electrochemistry and electrochemiluminescence.
A Level A research-only academic is expected to contribute towards the research effort of the institution and to develop their research expertise through the pursuit of defined projects relevant to the particular field of research.
Skills and Experience
To be considered for this position, you will have:
- A high level of knowledge and expertise in electrochemistry.
- Completion of a PhD in Chemistry, and evidence of participation in higher level study relevant to discipline or professional area.
- A record of significant contribution to publications, conference papers and other professional or technical contributions, which provide evidence of research potential.
- Experience in the generation, analysis and modelling of data.
- Effective oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interact effectively with people from a diverse range of backgrounds.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a member of a team in a cooperative and collegial manner.
- Demonstrated high level of self-motivation and personal management skills.
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
About La Trobe
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to apply
Closing date: 11pm Monday 3rd January 2022
Position Enquiries: Professor Conor Hogan, +61 3 9479 3747
Recruitment Enquiries: email@example.com
Position Description below:
PD - Level A - Research Officer, bipolar electrochemistry.pdf
In order to work onsite in higher education, TAFE, training and adult education settings, the Victorian Government requires workers to provide evidence to their employers that they are fully vaccinated with two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine or have a medical exemption evidenced by an authorised medical practitioner. This position will require the incumbent to work onsite.
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up to date resume; and
- A separate document addressing each essential and desirable bullet point in the Key Selection Criteria which is located in the position description.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe Cultural Qualities:
We are Accountable, We are Connected, We are Innovative, We Care
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing a diverse, inclusive and respectful working environment for all staff. We offer flexible work arrangements that can assist you in balancing your work and other responsibilities.
La Trobe is proud to be a member of the Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) Athena SWAN program to advance gender equality in academia.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.