Research only - Research Officer
- Part-time, 0.2FTE, Fixed-term (three years)
- Located at Melbourne, Bundoora or any other Victorian regional Campus
- [Level A] - $81,392 per annum + 17% superannuation
- This position is limited to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants
About the position
This project is undertaken by an interdisciplinary team of Aboriginal, Maori, Pasifika and non-Indigenous scholars located in Melbourne, Brisbane, Dunedin, and Sussex in the UK. The project traverses historical and contemporary events, issues, politics and knowledges associated with Indigenous mobilities. Scholars in the team sit in the disciplines of History, Anthropology, Geography, Sociology and Indigenous Studies.
We invite applications from Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander people who are interested in supporting historical research in Indigenous mobility. Applications are sought from people working in any discipline or in an interdisciplinary fashion.
Skills and Experience
To be considered for this position, you will have
- Completion of a Bachelor’s degree in the relevant discipline, and evidence of participation in higher level study relevant to discipline or professional area.
- Evidence of experience in research and evaluation and the ability to work effectively under limited supervision or independently.
- Experience in the production of a substantial piece of writing, such an honours thesis or long-form essay and/or a record of contribution to publications, conference papers and/or reports.
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
About La Trobe
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to apply
Closing date: Thursday 9th of June 2022 at 11:55 PM AEDT
Position Enquiries: K.Ellinghaus@latrobe.edu.au
Recruitment Enquiries: Recruitment@latrobe.edu.au
Position Description below:
PD Level A Research Officer Indigenous mobilities - KE-1.pdf
Only candidates with full working rights in Australia may apply for this position.
In order to work onsite in higher education, TAFE, training and adult education settings, the Victorian Government requires workers to provide evidence to their employers that they are fully vaccinated with two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine or have a medical exemption evidenced by an authorised medical practitioner. This position will require the incumbent to work onsite.
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up to date resume; and
- A separate document addressing each essential and desirable bullet point in the Key Selection Criteria which is located in the position description.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe Cultural Qualities:
We are Accountable, We are Connected, We are Innovative, We Care
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing a diverse, inclusive and respectful working environment for all staff. We offer flexible work arrangements that can assist you in balancing your work and other responsibilities.
La Trobe is proud to be a member of the Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) Athena SWAN program to advance gender equality in academia.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.