- Full time, Continuing
- Located at Melbourne (Bundoora) Campus
- Hybrid & Flexible working arrangements offered
- HEO6 - TRP $94,202 - $101,637 per annum inclusive of 17% superannuation
About the position
Striving to provide an enriching and differentiated customer experience (for both internal and external stakeholders), the Venues and Events team is responsible for the venue management of a variety of event venues across La Trobe. The team works in close collaboration with the Business Development Unit who oversees the commercial aspect of La Trobe’s event venues.
Reporting to the Manager, Student Engagement & Events, the Coordinator, Events & Venues is responsible for the general upkeep and organisation of event assets and resources. This role supports bookers (whether internal or external) to make the most of our venues and provides advice and oversight to ensure clients, sub-contractors and guests have an excellent experience.
Using their experience and knowledge in Audio Visual and Video Conferencing systems, this role will be expected to support the broader team for AV related matters.
The implementation and continuous improvement of process and procedures to streamline service delivery will also be a priority for this role.
Skills and Experience
To be considered for this position, you will have;
- Degree with subsequent relevant experience in events management, conferencing delivery and venue management, or an equivalent alternate combination of relevant knowledge, training and/or experience
- Demonstrated experience in management of substantial physical assets and resources, including expertise in the operation and provision of AV/technical support for venues or events
- Demonstrated experience managing the activities of self and/or others including coaching, motivation, and performance management.
- High level communication and interpersonal skills, with the proven ability to work effectively with a board range of stakeholders and client groups
- Demonstrated ability to set priorities and monitor workflows within own area of responsibility.
- Proven experience in developing processes and procedures to improve service delivery
Capabilities required to be successful in the position
- Ability to demonstrate self-awareness, see things from another person’s perspective and actively seek out and act on feedback to improve knowledge, skills and behaviour.
- Ability to work collaboratively, recognise the value of diversity and model accountability, connectedness, innovation and care.
- Ability to think creatively, explore new ideas and respectfully challenge existing practices in order to improve current ways of working.
- Ability to implement improvements to local processes.
- Ability to cultivate and create space for creativity, continuously reviewing and identifying improvements to local work practices.
- Ability to build a culture of continuous improvement, implementing ideas generated by team members.
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
About La Trobe
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.
Welcome to Bundoora campus – Please click on the video link below:
- 17% employer contributed superannuation
- On site child care facilities
- Flexible work arrangements
- Discounts for staff and their family members to study a range of La Trobe courses
How to apply
Closing date: By 11:55pm Wednesday, 13th July 2022
Position Enquiries: Danielle Mengel, D.Mengel@latrobe.edu.au
Recruitment Enquiries: Recruitment@latrobe.edu.au
Position Description below:
PD - Coordinator Events and Venues.pdf
Only candidates with Full Working Rights in Australia may apply for this position.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements
The University’s Health and Safety Procedure – COVID-19 Vaccination and Other Measures, requires staff engaged to perform work onsite at La Trobe University to be Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are exempt from being vaccinated due to a recognised medical contraindication. This position will require the incumbent to work onsite. As such, an offer of employment will be conditional upon the applicant being Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19 or medically exempt from receiving a COVID-19 vaccination, and providing satisfactory evidence of their vaccination or exemption status to the University.
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up to date resume; and
- A separate document addressing each essential and desirable bullet point in the Key Selection Criteria which is located in the position description.
Please scroll down to apply.
Why La Trobe:
- Develop your career at an innovative, global university where you’ll collaborate with community and industry to create impact.
- Enjoy working on our inspiring and stunning campuses – the perfect hub for industry, students and academics
- Help transform the lives of students, partners and communities now and in future
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.