- Full time, continuing
- Position can be based at any La Trobe University campus
- HEO9– $117,369-$124,342 plus 17% superannuation
About the position
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Business Support Services, this position is a strategic position responsible for delivering a Centralised Framework and reporting for the Accounts Receivable/Accounts Payable areas of the University. In addition to this, the role is a pivotal support role to the Senior Manager, Business Support Services enabling the drive towards automation and continual process improvement.
Skills and Experience
To be considered for this position, you will have;
- A degree, extensive management expertise and supporting experience, or postgraduate qualifications and extensive relevant experience, or an equivalent alternate combination of relevant knowledge, training and/or experience.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement innovative policies and practices in pursuit of continuous improvement.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain sound working relationships internally and externally and to communicate effectively on a range of sensitive and complex issues.
- Demonstrated ability to operate effectively in a complex and political environment and balance a range of priorities and expectations.
- Proven record of developing innovative solutions and practical implementations for strategic change.
- Strong interpersonal skills including ability to negotiate, motivate, influence and build relationships.
- Demonstrated experience working with and influencing senior management.
- Demonstrated experience managing and controlling budgets/resources/funding and an understanding of financial management procedures.
- Proven experience and success in managing staff performance and development.
- Extensive experience with debt management and collection within complex organisation structures.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to engage effectively with multiple stakeholders with proven ability to influence decision making and implement change in a complex organisation.
- Demonstrated ability to provide effective leadership and supervision to staff including: setting team direction, monitoring and managing workflows, providing feedback, managing staff performance.
- Advanced Microsoft Office Suite skills with particular proficiency in Excel.
- A demonstrated ability to contribute to strategic, operational planning and successfully manage a broad range of business and operational improvement projects.
- Ability to develop innovative methodologies or take a leading role in the application of proven techniques involving considerable theoretical and technical sophistication.
- Demonstrated high level of self-motivation and personal management skills.
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
Welcome to Bundoora campus – Please click on the video link below:
Victorian Regional campuses – See link below:
- 17% employer contributed superannuation
- On site child care facilities
- Flexible work arrangements
- Discounts for staff and their family members to study a range of La Trobe courses
How to apply
Closing date: By 11:55pm, 03/10/2022
Position Enquiries: Paul Davies via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Recruitment Enquiries: Recruitment@latrobe.edu.au
Position Description below:
PD HEO9 Finance Manager - Accounts Payable and Receivable.pdf
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements
The University’s Health and Safety Procedure – COVID-19 Vaccination and Other Measures, requires staff engaged to perform work onsite at La Trobe University to be Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are exempt from being vaccinated due to a recognised medical contraindication. This position will require the incumbent to work onsite. As such, an offer of employment will be conditional upon the applicant being Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19 or medically exempt from receiving a COVID-19 vaccination, and providing satisfactory evidence of their vaccination or exemption status to the University.
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up to date resume;
Please scroll down to apply.
Why La Trobe:
- Develop your career at an innovative, global university where you’ll collaborate with community and industry to create impact.
- Enjoy working on our inspiring and stunning campuses – the perfect hub for industry, students and academics
- Help transform the lives of students, partners and communities now and in future
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.