- Full time
- Fixed term contract until 7th August, 2023
- Position located at Bundoora Campus, Melbourne
- HEO7– $90,259-$99,291 plus 17% superannuation
About the position
We work in partnership with the Olga Tennison Research Centre (OTARC) to translate the most current ideas and research into our program, while also researching and publishing reports on the efficacy of our program. Our service utilises the Early Start Denver Model (ESDM), and were the first in the world to implement the ESDM in a group setting. Our team has published several research papers and a manual about the group delivery of the ESDM. Our team collaborate to provide individualised supports in a naturalistic group setting, maintaining a strong focus on child development, well-being, and peer interactions. The person working in this position will collaborate with a transdisciplinary team, including allied health and educators, to provide allied health specialist support services to young autistic children. In addition, this position will act as Key Worker to children and families, supporting the progress and needs of individual children and families.
Skills and Experience
To be considered for this position, you will have;
- Current registration with allied health professional regulation/membership group (i.e., Occupational Therapy or Psychology Board of AHPRA, Speech Pathology Australia).
- Motivation to work directly with children to support their learning in a naturalistic group setting.
- Commitment to best practice in early childhood intervention.
- Enjoys working in a collaborative and transdisciplinary team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, especially the capacity to work collaboratively and cooperatively in small teams.
- Demonstrated high level of self-motivation and personal management skills.
- Current NDIS Worker Screening Check
- Current Working with Children Check
- Current First Aid Certificate with Anaphylaxis
- Current National Police Check (this will be completed through the recruitment process);
- Take personal accountability to comply with all University policies, procedures and legislative or regulatory obligations; including but not limited to TEQSA and the Higher Education Threshold Standards.
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
Welcome to Bundoora campus – Please click on the video link below:
- 17% employer contributed superannuation
- On site child care facilities
- Flexible work arrangements
- Discounts for staff and their family members to study a range of La Trobe courses
How to apply
Closing date: By 11:55pm, 11/10/2022
Position Enquiries: Carolyne Jones via email Carolyne.Jones@latrobe.edu.au
Recruitment Enquiries: Recruitment@latrobe.edu.au
Position Description below:
ASELCC AH specialist fixed term position Final.docx
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements
The University’s Health and Safety Procedure – COVID-19 Vaccination and Other Measures, requires staff engaged to perform work onsite at La Trobe University to be Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are exempt from being vaccinated due to a recognised medical contraindication. This position will require the incumbent to work onsite. As such, an offer of employment will be conditional upon the applicant being Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19 or medically exempt from receiving a COVID-19 vaccination, and providing satisfactory evidence of their vaccination or exemption status to the University.
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up to date resume; and
- A separate document addressing each essential and desirable bullet point in the Key Selection Criteria which is located in the position description.
Please scroll down to apply.
Why La Trobe:
- Develop your career at an innovative, global university where you’ll collaborate with community and industry to create impact.
- Enjoy working on our inspiring and stunning campuses – the perfect hub for industry, students and academics
- Help transform the lives of students, partners and communities now and in future
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.