- Full time
- Fixed Term 1 year contract
- Located at La Trobe University’s Melbourne (Bundoora) Campus
- HEO8 – TRP $118,289 - $135,268 inclusive of 17% superannuation
About the position
The Alumni and Advancement Office (AAO) is responsible for philanthropic fundraising and engagement with La Trobe University’s alumni community (225,000 as at June 2021). The AAO is an outwardly facing unit of the University and engagement with stakeholders is a major element of most activities undertaken. The office undertakes major gift fundraising, alumni engagement and giving, donor stewardship and bequests. In June 2022 the University re-launched its fundraising campaign, Make the Difference, having reached its initial goal of $100 million with the renewed aim to raise a further $100 million by 2027.
Reporting to the Associate Director, Services and Support, the position of Advisor, Data and Advancement Services, supports the development of data sets/segmentation and reporting solutions acting as a key point of contact for data and reporting queries in the AAO. The incumbent understands the requirements for data usage and possible limitations in technical/application expertise to deliver solutions that support business processes and ensures data integrity. Utilising the Alumni and Advancement bespoke CRM, Raisers Edge, the position uses tools such as Business Objects and PowerBI to build queries and present data that brings to life the AAO Strategy and Campaign requirements.
Skills and Experience
To be considered for this position, you will have;
- A degree with substantial extension of the theories and principles, learned through experience; or a range of management experience; or postgraduate qualifications, or progress towards postgraduate qualifications with extensive relevant experience; or an equivalent alternate combination of relevant knowledge, training and/or experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills including ability to negotiate, motivate, influence and build relationships.
- Ability to apply theoretical or technical knowledge and management expertise to bring together diverse and sometimes conflicting information to solve new or one off problems.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple stakeholders to achieve stated outcomes.
- Demonstrated high level of self-motivation and personal management skills.
- Proven ability to focus on objectives rather than procedures and precedents.
- Demonstrated experience in project management in the tertiary sector or a related field.
- Demonstrated ability in data analytics and data segmenting to meet specific requirements.
- Advanced user of Raisers Edge Classic and Raisers Edge NXT.
- Demonstrated ability in the use of Power BI, Business Objects and other data reporting tools.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel.
- Knowledge of financial structures and procedures as they apply to philanthropy and fundraising.
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
Welcome to Bundoora campus – Please click on the video link below:
- 17% employer contributed superannuation
- On site child care facilities
- Flexible work arrangements
- Discounts for staff and their family members to study a range of La Trobe courses
How to apply
Closing date: By 11:55pm, Sunday 12th February 2023
Position Enquiries: Andrea Young via Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Recruitment Enquiries: Recruitment@latrobe.edu.au
Position Description below:
PD - HEO8 - Advisor, Data and Advancement Services.pdf
Only candidates with Full Working Rights in Australia may apply for this position.
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up to date resume; and
- A separate document addressing each essential and desirable bullet point in the Key Selection Criteria which is located in the position description.
Please scroll down to apply.
Why La Trobe:
- Develop your career at an innovative, global university where you’ll collaborate with community and industry to create impact.
- Enjoy working on our inspiring and stunning campuses – the perfect hub for industry, students and academics
- Help transform the lives of students, partners and communities now and in future
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.