- Located at Melbourne (Bundoora) Campus
- Attractive Remuneration Package + 17% superannuation
- Full Time, Continuing
About the position
The position manages the Office of the DVCRIE and supports coordination across the DVCRIE portfolio and between the DVCRIE portfolio, Provost Office, SEG portfolios and Schools, to promote sustainable achievement of the University’s strategic objectives in research and industry engagement. This position will provide high level strategy, planning and performance advice to the DVCRIE; advise on the effective and strategic use of resources across the DVCRIE portfolio; liaise with senior University staff and with external stakeholders towards shared strategic goals; and facilitate and monitor implementation of the University’s Research and Industry Engagement Plan, Research 2030. The position will also manage the development of selected projects and partnerships that advance the University’s research capacity, contribute to research income and grow La Trobe’s engagement with relevant industry, government and community bodies.
Skills and Experience
To be considered for this position, you will
- Experience and expertise in the management of significant human and material resources, or postgraduate qualifications and extensive relevant experience, or experience and expertise in the provision of strategic policy advice affecting the direction of the University, or an equivalent alternate combination of relevant knowledge, training and/or experience.
- Proven ability to deal with concepts, decisions and complex information or situations in an efficient and effective manner. Capable, agile, flexible and patient with process, and the ideas of others.
- Proven record of developing innovative solutions and practical implementations for strategic change.
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
About La Trobe
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to apply
Closing date: 11pm Wednesday 8th December 2021
Position Enquiries: Susan Dodds via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Recruitment Enquiries: email@example.com
Position Description below:
PD HEO10 - Senior Manager, Office of Deputy Vice-Chancellor Research & Industry Engagement.pdf
Only candidates with full working rights in Australia may apply for this position.
In order to work onsite in higher education, TAFE, training and adult education settings, the Victorian Government requires workers to provide evidence to their employers that they are fully vaccinated with two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine or have a medical exemption evidenced by an authorised medical practitioner. This position will require the incumbent to work onsite.
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up to date resume; and
- Video Assessment – a link will be provided to your nominated email address within 24 hours of submitting your application
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe Cultural Qualities:
We are Accountable, We are Connected, We are Innovative, We Care
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing a diverse, inclusive and respectful working environment for all staff. We offer flexible work arrangements that can assist you in balancing your work and other responsibilities.
La Trobe is proud to be a member of the Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) Athena SWAN program to advance gender equality in academia.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.