Casual Academic Teaching Positions - School of Education
Work type:Fixed Term
Expression of Interest
We are seeking expressions of interest from educators who want to be considered as casual academic staff members in the School of Education, 2022. We have multiple positions available in 2022, and are seeking to develop a bank of potential staff members. The teaching delivery will be a combination of online and face-to-face.
Skills, experience and attributes
- Relevant qualifications and/or current practice expertise and experience in early childhood, primary and secondary education – all disciplines
- Ability to work with adult learners from diverse backgrounds and with different experiences and capacity
- Ability to effectively work in contemporary higher education blended teaching environments, including experience working with education technology
- Demonstrated capacity to complete contracted teaching commitments within required timelines
- Ability to work productively in subject/course teams
- Ability to adapt to complex and dynamic work environments
- Demonstrated high-level interpersonal skills including communication and emotional intelligence, in all interactions with students.
Can you please indicate in your expression of interest, which of the following areas you would like to be considered for:
- Early childhood education
- Curriculum, assessment, and reporting
- Mathematics and numeracy
- Language and literacy
- Outdoor education
- Supportive and safe learning environments
- Education psychology
- Teaching students from diverse backgrounds
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander education
- Inclusion and diversity in education
- ICT in teaching and learning
- Professional experience support
- Disciplinary or specialist content: e.g. mathematics 7-12
- Education leadership
- Education policy
- Other – please specify
If your expression of interest is accepted, you are likely to be contacted early in 2022. Details of potential employment would be negotiated.
Location: Location independent/All campuses. La Trobe University Campuses are located at: Bundoora, Bendigo, Shepparton, Mildura and Albury-Wodonga.
How to apply
Closing date: Wednesday 10th November 2021 by 11.55pm
Position Enquiries: Associate Professor Craig Deed, C.Deed@latrobe.edu.au
HR/Recruitment Enquiries: Recruitment@latrobe.edu.au
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter outlining your skills and experience relevant for this casual work; and
- An up to date resume
Please scroll down to apply.