- Full time, Continuing
- Located at Bundoora campus
- Attractive remuneration package
- Flexible and hybrid working arrangements offered
About the position
You will provide strategic and operational support to the Deputy Vice-Chancellor Students to enable the achievement of the Universities strategic objectives. You will be accountable for the provision of complex and proactive executive support to senior University-level stakeholders, providing professional guidance and advice from the office of the DVC Students. You will lead the analysis and assessment of complex issues and work collaboratively with leaders across the Students Division to implement solutions to challenging and complex issues that impact and truly make a difference to the student experience.
Skills and Experience
To be considered for this position, you will have;
• Experience and expertise in the management of significant human and material resources, or postgraduate qualifications and extensive relevant experience, or experience and expertise in the provision of strategic policy advice affecting the direction of the University, or an equivalent alternate combination of relevant knowledge, training and/or experience.
• Demonstrated experience and expertise in research, analysis and problem solving within a complex multifaceted environment, with the ability to identify and implement innovative solutions and improvements or postgraduate qualifications and extensive relevant experience.
• Demonstrated understanding of the issues influencing student transition, retention, employability and success in higher education.
• Highly developed conceptual, analytical, interpersonal and written communication skills, with experience in identifying and effectively communicating themes and issues to internal and external stakeholders.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated experience in liaising with staff at all levels of an organisation, negotiating effective outcomes, consultation and facilitation of group discussions.
• Proven ability to provide quality advice and professional leadership on complex issues and appropriately manage sensitive and confidential information.
• Highly developed communication and negotiation skills with the ability to effectively collaborate with a wide range of key stakeholders within a sensitive environment to prevent and resolve matters.
• Demonstrated capacity to take a strategic role and exercise sound financial and business planning decisions.
• Proven ability to deal with concepts, decisions and complex information or situations in an efficient and effective manner. Capable, agile, flexible and patient with process, and the ideas of others.
• Awareness and understanding of the activities, objectives and strategic direction of the University, both current and future, in a global context.
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
Welcome to Bundoora campus – Please click on the video link below:
- 17% employer contributed superannuation
- On site child care facilities
- Flexible work arrangements
- Discounts for staff and their family members to study a range of La Trobe courses
How to apply
Closing date: By 11:55pm, 04/10/2022
Position Enquiries: Jessica Vanderlelie via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Recruitment Enquiries: Recruitment@latrobe.edu.au
Senior Manager, Office of Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Students).pdf
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements
The University’s Health and Safety Procedure – COVID-19 Vaccination and Other Measures, requires staff engaged to perform work onsite at La Trobe University to be Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are exempt from being vaccinated due to a recognised medical contraindication. This position will require the incumbent to work onsite. As such, an offer of employment will be conditional upon the applicant being Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19 or medically exempt from receiving a COVID-19 vaccination, and providing satisfactory evidence of their vaccination or exemption status to the University.
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- An up to date resume; and
- A two-page cover letter outlining your motivations for applying for this role, and why you feel you would be successful in the position. Please also addresses the below bullet points from the Key Selection Criteria which is located in the position description.
- Demonstrated capacity to take a strategic role and exercise sound financial and business planning decisions, including managing substantial resources/budgets.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated experience in liaising with staff at all levels of an organisation, negotiating effective outcomes, consultation and facilitation of group discussions.
- Highly developed political and negotiation skills with the ability to effectively collaborate with a wide range of key stakeholders within a complex environment to prevent and resolve matters.
Please scroll down to apply.
Why La Trobe:
- Develop your career at an innovative, global university where you’ll collaborate with community and industry to create impact.
- Enjoy working on our inspiring and stunning campuses – the perfect hub for industry, students and academics
- Help transform the lives of students, partners and communities now and in future
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.