- Part-Time (0.4FTE), Fixed-Term (3 years)
- Located at La Trobe University’s Melbourne (Bundoora) campus
- Level B - TRP $117,562 - $138,831 pro rata per annum inclusive of 17% superannuation
About the position
The Department of Public Health is a leading authority in many areas of public health including health policy, health promotion, health systems, services and management, digital health and analytics, health information management and informatics, and occupational health. The Department hosts a number of specialist research units and programs, including the: Palliative Care Unit (PCU); the Centre for Health Communication and Participation (CHCP); and the Centre for Ergonomics and Human Factors (CEHF).
A Level B academic with a teaching focussed appointment will work without the need for close supervision and is expected to develop curriculum, coordinate subjects, teach and support students as they learn. A teaching focussed academic will support the administrative functions of the discipline as well as undertake scholarly work relevant to the development of learning and teaching in their discipline or professional field.
A teaching focussed academic is expected to demonstrate teaching excellence in keeping with the La Trobe Teaching Excellence Principles and maintain a track record of excellence as evidenced by Student Feedback on Teaching (SFT) surveys, peer-feedback on teaching and through other evidence-based measures. The Lecturer will be expected to teach into and coordinate designated subjects and to work in co-operation with the course coordinator(s) and discipline lead to deliver an overall outstanding student experience.
Skills and Experience
To be considered for this position, you will have;
- HDR (or near completion) or equivalent accreditation and standing recognised by the University/profession as appropriate for the relevant discipline areas: completion of a Graduate Certificate in Higher Education, or similar qualification/training, would be an advantage.
- Discipline expertise (theoretical and practical) in health informatics and at least one of the following health information management knowledge domains: clinical studies and health classification, , health data analysis, and management of health information systems and associated staff, including professional practice.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in teaching, curriculum development and subject coordination in face-to-face, blended and/or online modes, as evidenced by sustained high results on student feedback on teaching surveys, teaching excellence awards or through other forms of evidence.
- Demonstrated competence in teaching and curriculum development.
- Evidence of innovative initiatives undertaken in the last three years that have improved the student experience, and the evaluation of effectiveness of these initiatives.
- Demonstrated ability to engage with the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning.
- High level organisational skills with the ability to set priorities, meet deadlines, initiate and follow-up actions, all with minimal or no supervision.
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
Welcome to Bundoora campus – Please click on the video link below:
- 17% employer contributed superannuation
- On site child care facilities
- Flexible work arrangements
- Discounts for staff and their family members to study a range of La Trobe courses
How to apply
Closing date: By 11:55pm Tuesday, 29th November 2022
Position Enquiries: Merilyn Riley, firstname.lastname@example.org
Recruitment Enquiries: Recruitment@latrobe.edu.au
Position Description below:
PD - Lecturer, Health Information Management.pdf
Only candidates with Full Working Rights in Australia may apply for this position.
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up to date resume; and
- A separate document addressing each essential and desirable bullet point in the Key Selection Criteria which is located in the position description.
Please scroll down to apply.
Why La Trobe:
- Develop your career at an innovative, global university where you’ll collaborate with community and industry to create impact.
- Enjoy working on our inspiring and stunning campuses – the perfect hub for industry, students and academics
- Help transform the lives of students, partners and communities now and in future
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.