- Full time/Continuing
- Can be based at La Trobe University’s Melbourne (Bundoora) or Victorian regional campuses.
- HEO7 – $90,259 - $99,291 plus 17% superannuation
About the position
The Development Co-ordinator is responsible for supporting the development and management of relationships with high-net-worth individuals in order to raise philanthropic funds to support research and scholarships. In order to deliver this philanthropic engagement the role must work closely with the Development Managers, the Alumni Relations team, Advancement Services, Regional Campuses, Student Services and academics from across the University.
Skills and Experience
To be considered for this position, you will have
- An undergraduate degree in any area relevant to the position with at least 4 years subsequent experience; or extensive experience and management expertise; or an equivalent alternate combination of relevant knowledge, training and/or experience relevant to fundraising.
- Demonstrated experience in major gift fundraising, or equivalent from a business development context.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain sound working relationships internally and externally and to communicate effectively on a range of sensitive, confidential and complex issues.
- Strong interpersonal skills including ability to negotiate, motivate, influence and build relationships.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated project management skills, including the ability to operate effectively in a complex and political environment and balance a range of priorities and expectations.
- High levels of accountability and professional standards.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple stakeholders to achieve stated outcomes.
- Demonstrated organisation and problem-solving skills, with an ability to manage several different projects concurrently.
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
Welcome to Bundoora campus – Please click on the video link below:
Welcome Video - Victorian Regional campuses – See link below;
- 17% employer contributed superannuation
- On site child care facilities
- Flexible work arrangements
- Discounts for staff and their family members to study a range of La Trobe courses
How to apply
Closing date: By 11:55pm, 14/12/2022
Position Enquiries: Josie Haddrick Hiring Manager via email email@example.com
Recruitment Enquiries: Rachel.firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Description below:
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements
The University’s Health and Safety Procedure – COVID-19 Vaccination and Other Measures, requires staff engaged to perform work onsite at La Trobe University to be Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are exempt from being vaccinated due to a recognised medical contraindication. This position will require the incumbent to work onsite. As such, an offer of employment will be conditional upon the applicant being Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19 or medically exempt from receiving a COVID-19 vaccination,and providing satisfactory evidence of their vaccination or exemption status to the University.
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up to date resume; and
- A separate document addressing each essential and desirable bullet point in the Key Selection Criteria which is located in the position description.
Please scroll down to apply.
Why La Trobe:
- Develop your career at an innovative, global university where you’ll collaborate with community and industry to create impact.
- Enjoy working on our inspiring and stunning campuses – the perfect hub for industry, students and academics
- Help transform the lives of students, partners and communities now and in future
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.