- Located at Melbourne (Bundoora) Campus
- Level B $100,480 - $118,659 plus 17% superannuation
About the position
A Level B Lecturer teaching and research academic is expected to develop curriculum, teach, and undertake research or other scholarly work relevant to the development of their discipline or professional field. An academic at this level will make a significant contribution to the discipline at the national level. The lecturer will be expected to teach into and coordinate designated subjects in the undergraduate and postgraduate programs and to work in co-operation with the course coordinator(s) and discipline lead to deliver an overall outstanding student experience. Support and/or delivery of short courses may also form part of the required teaching activities.
Skills and Experience
To be considered for this position, you will have;
- PhD or near completion of a PhD, or equivalent accreditation and standing recognised by the University/profession as appropriate for the relevant discipline areas.
- Discipline expertise in public health law or health law, and experience in public health ethics or bioethics (practice, teaching or research).
- Demonstrated competence in public health teaching and curriculum development; completion of a Graduate Certificate in Higher Education, or similar qualification/training, would be an advantage.
- Evidence of high quality and/or high impact research conducted and published or otherwise disseminated, relative to opportunity.
- Experience in the preparation of research proposal submissions to external funding bodies and evidence of success in securing research funding.
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
Welcome to Bundoora campus – Please click on the video link below:
- 17% employer contributed superannuation
- On site child care facilities
- Flexible work arrangements
- Discounts for staff and their family members to study a range of La Trobe courses
How to apply
Closing date: By 11:55pm 12th of February, 2023
Position Enquiries: Deborah Gleeson via email email@example.com
Recruitment Enquiries: Recruitment@latrobe.edu.au
Position Description below:
PD - Lecturer Public Health Law and Ethics.pdf
Only candidates with Full Working Rights in Australia may apply for this position.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements
The University’s Health and Safety Procedure – COVID-19 Vaccination and Other Measures, requires staff engaged to perform work onsite at La Trobe University to be Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are exempt from being vaccinated due to a recognised medical contraindication. This position will require the incumbent to work onsite. As such, an offer of employment will be conditional upon the applicant being Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19 or medically exempt from receiving a COVID-19 vaccination, and providing satisfactory evidence of their vaccination or exemption status to the University.
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up to date resume; and
- A separate document addressing each essential and desirable bullet point in the Key Selection Criteria which is located in the position description.
Please scroll down to apply.
Why La Trobe:
- Develop your career at an innovative, global university where you’ll collaborate with community and industry to create impact.
- Enjoy working on our inspiring and stunning campuses – the perfect hub for industry, students and academics
- Help transform the lives of students, partners and communities now and in future
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.