- Full time
- 5 year Fixed Term position
- Position based at the Bouverie Centre in Brunswick with free parking
Established in 1956, The Bouverie Centre is now a systemic practice-research-translation Centre that draws on its history of bringing family therapy to Australia to promote its vision of healthy relationships in families, organisations, and communities. The Bouverie Centre is a values–based, learning organisation, that integrates clinical, First Nations, practice & service development, academic, and research teams and programs to build systemic knowledge and expertise that is directed to making mental health and well-being better at all stages in life, in all cultures, for all people.
About the position
The incumbent of this position will be responsible for continuing existing research frameworks and expanding the research activities of the Bouverie Centre, within its fully integrated practice-research-translation framework. This incorporates the Centre’s Clinical, Workforce Development, Academic, First Nations and Administration programs. The Professor of Research (Systemic Practice & Family Therapy) will manage the research team (currently a Level C Senior Research Fellow, three Level B Post-doctoral Fellows, research officers, PhD students).
Skills and Experience
To be considered for this position, you will have;
Distinguished record of original, innovative and internationally recognised research and/or teaching, with evidence of its impact and significance;
- Strong record of external research funding through competitive grants, contracts and/or consultancies; and the financial management of grants;
- High level analytical capability with an ability to communicate complex;
- Experience in conducting or capacity to conduct evaluations particularly as this relates to clinical interventions, workforce and implementation projects
- Demonstrated effective leadership and management experience in building and leading teams
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
How to apply
Closing date: By 11:55pm Tuesday 7th February 2023
Recruitment Enquiries: Recruitment@latrobe.edu.au
Position Description below:
PD, Professor of Research.pdf
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements
The University’s Health and Safety Procedure – COVID-19 Vaccination and Other Measures, requires staff engaged to perform work onsite at La Trobe University to be Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are exempt from being vaccinated due to a recognised medical contraindication. This position will require the incumbent to work onsite. As such, an offer of employment will be conditional upon the applicant being Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19 or medically exempt from receiving a COVID-19 vaccination, and providing satisfactory evidence of their vaccination or exemption status to the University.
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up to date resume; and
- A separate document addressing each essential and desirable bullet point in the Key Selection Criteria which is located in the position description.
Please scroll down to apply.
Why La Trobe:
- Develop your career at an innovative, global university where you’ll collaborate with community and industry to create impact.
- Enjoy working on our inspiring and stunning campuses – the perfect hub for industry, students and academics
- Help transform the lives of students, partners and communities now and in future
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.